The system of Express Entry manages applications for permanent residence for three programs: Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trade and Canadian Experience Class. Applicants need to create a profile in Express Entry system, which ranks their human capital, spousal factor, adaptability, and other factors. Applicants have higher score may receive the invitation.
From January 1, 2015, Federal Skilled Trade applications are processed through the Express Entry selection system for immigration to Canada. Eligible candidates must make an expression of interest in immigrating to Canada, create an online Express Entry profile, and receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence before they may make an application.
Federal Skilled Trade Criteria:
- Have at least 2 years of full-time work in a skilled trade within the 5 years before you apply
- Have a minimum level of CLB 5 in speaking and listening, CLB 4 in reading and writing
- Meet the job requirements for that skilled trade
- Plan to live outside the province of Quebec
- Have an offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least 1 year or a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade
- Pass the immigration medical exam and background and security check
Eligible occupations under Federal Skilled Trades Class:
- Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades
- Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades
- Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production
- Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators
- Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks
- Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers