The Student Direct Stream, or SDS, is a new program designed to make the process of applying for a Canadian study permit faster and more efficient for some international students.
The SDS program currently serves residents of seven countries: China, India, Morocco, Pakistan, Philippines, Senegal and Vietnam.
The Government of Canada also expressed plans to extend the program to Kenya.
Canada aims to process all study permit applications eligible for SDS processing in 20 calendar days.
Study Direct Stream Criteria:
- Provide a copy of a letter of acceptance from a Canadian Designated Learning Institution
- Proof of Upfront medical exam
- A Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10,000
- Proof of payment of first year’s study tuition fee
- IELTS Score and each band at least 6 in English or NCLC 7 for French